Progress Report: Potters Industries Workplace and R&D Lab
Client: Potters Industries
Location: Malvern, PA
Size: 20,600 sq. ft.
Scope: Workplace & Lab Renovation
As a newly independent company, Potters Industries, formerly owned by PQ Corporation, desired a space that would unite their organization under one roof. Their new headquarters needed to embody their updated branding, desired corporate culture, and increased efficiencies.
Formcraft helped the company identify potential locations for their new headquarters, including a 20,600 sq. ft. location in Malvern, PA. After performing multiple feasibility studies, the team decided that the Malvern location would support their success. For the first time in the company’s history, they could fit their labs and workplace in the same facility. Learn more about this and other science and technology projects by visiting: formcraft.net/science-and-technology
5 Ways Formcraft Improved Potters’ Science and Technology Facility
Potters Industries approached Formcraft with these goals:
- Create a headquarters that unites their team.
- Consolidate the disjointed labs into one cohesive lab workspace.
- Position their organization as a standalone company.
- Create a space where people want to come.
- Incorporate hospitality, corporate industrial and modern rustic design trends.
- Improve air quality to remove viruses, including the virus causing COVID-19.
Improving Potters’ Air Quality
Formcraft installed Plasma Air bipolarization units in the facility.
Plasma Air needlepoint bipolarization units reduce airborne bacteria mold and yeast. The system removes viruses, including SARS Cov-2 (Virus causing COVID-19), from the air via an electrostatic force.
Jim Beale: Principal, Science & Technology
Wayne Druckenmiller: Principal, Client Relations
Julia Lech: Lead Designer
Jay Hartman: Project Manager
Cortney Page: Technical Designer
Maura DiNardo: Interior Designer
Becoming a Successful Standalone Company
Here are the design elements Formcraft incorporated into Potters Industries’ upgraded facility.
- Dynamic wall coverings in collaborative, agile work zones
- Elegant and flexible decorative lighting in main conference rooms
- Creative conference room names with historical relevance to Potters
- Boardroom with custom-designed company timeline
- Custom branding, including branded accent walls
- State-of-the-art laboratory that accommodated existing lab equipment
Who We Are
Formcraft is a design-build firm, who consolidates design and construction expertise under one roof. Our full-service team manages every detail of the project so you can stay focused on your business, knowing your future workspace and lab will be delivered with creativity, speed, and accuracy.